For your own protection, we encourage you to keep all communication and transactions on All Public Art—either through our website or the All Public Art app. That way, in the unlikely event that a transaction does not go as planned, you will have a record of what happened.
Remember that most All Public Art transactions should take place either online, or at a public event like a craft fair, All Public Art Teams event, or other community function. If someone is asking you to meet them outside of these circumstances, make sure you understand the reasons why such a meeting is necessary.
If you do meet other members in person, please consider the following safety tips:
- Always meet in a well-lit, public place—during daylight hours if possible.
- Do not go to a secluded place or a member's home, and do not invite a stranger into your home.
- If possible, get to know the member through their public profile information on All Public Art, such as their About page and any linked social media or websites.
- Bring someone with you.
- Tell a friend or family member where you are going.
- Keep your cell phone on you.
- Trust your instincts. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.